Re: I'm at a loss.

> After re-reading Phoenix Survivors press release a couple more times,
> I have to say that I'm in complete shock with this reversal.

I agree.  No one likes to admit they were wrong or made a hasty decision.
Very admirable indeed.

Two things I noticed from their statement:

(1) "Since then, we have received a great deal of correspondence, all
polite and respectful, offering further (known) information that was not
made widely available at the time and asking us 'in the name of fairness'
to reconsider our position re: Mr Townshend."

Meaning they didn't just brush off & ignore people's (fan's) comments
& letters, which they could've done quite easily.  Tells me that they're
open-minded enough to look deeper into the "scandal" & re-evaluate their
initial opinion.  And....

(2) "We have since worked to confirm this information through Mr Townshend's
solicitors...."

Meaning they're smart enough to investigate & substantiate this new infor-
mation, making sure it's valid & not just fan-bitching, before releasing
a new statement.

Their first reaction was knee-jerk & faith-based ("research" is not an ex-
cuse!).  Their second reaction, after evaluating more information & weigh-
ing more evidence, was beautifully scientific & hence correct.

- SCHRADE in Akron