Re: The Who-Zep connection

>knowing that the film has been revamped & re-released. No one will give a fuck except us.

Scott:

Yeah, but we are the elite...they are the masses.

>They don't call Jimmy Page lead wallet for nothing.

Jon:

Or Peter Grant, more likely.

>shape. 1970 seemed to be the peak according to what I just

Actually, if you listen to the 1969 bootlegs they were even better then. On The Who's level live, definitely. Just a hair off in 1970, but still when they go into We're Gonna Groove (first song on the first DVD, RAH 1970) it's hard not to hear them as a band as good as The Who.

>The live shows were better without fail, Zep may have made

Andy:

Yeah...when you listen to Zep live, for the most part, you hear what ISN'T there...because of Page's multiple overdubs and studio work. Which makes sense given that he was a studio musician long before he was in a band. But The Who live changed the songs. I heard LAL before I heard the studio versions of My Generation and Substitute...and when I did hear them, I wondered if it was the same band.

>commonly heard on the radio in my part of the country

In EVERY part of the country. Definitely.

>bothers early in their career. Page seems to think that he wrote 'Killing Floor' for Christ's sake! The bottom line is that I

Not only that, their biggest hit Whole Lotta Love was lifted almost "as is" from the Muddy Waters songs You Need Love. Play it sometime...for instance, he says "Way down inside, woman you need love/Gonna give you my love..."

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.