Re: The Who-Zep connection

Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:41:58 EDT
From: JOELTLE515@aol.com

let's not forget, [Bonham] was also the big boozer and drug user in the band and
died a couple years after keith did. hmmmm.
A case of taking imitation that last step too far...

Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 23:00:35 -0400
From: "Bruce" <bkawak@chartertn.net>

I had a chuckle when I saw that.  It wasn 't the only RD move
he borrowed.  Also, Page was not the first to use a bow on
a guitar either, ever heard of Eddie Phillips of The Creation?
Since The Creation has come up, let me recommend the 1998 compilation CD "Our music is red -- with purple flashes". It has 25 tracks -- and "contains the entirety of the band's recorded output from their original 60s incarnation". I only got it a few months ago, being nearly totally ignorant of the Creation, and was stunned and delighted by the bits of various songs that sounded like The Who, The Beatles, Led Zep, etc. Can't go wrong with this very tasty bit of historical English pop background.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true"