More from Roger on New Album

I've chatted with Brian Cady about informational posts to all the lists.
He has started to discontinue these due to posting them all on thewho.net (new
project for him).
He invites everyone to grab articles and other pieces of information and post
away here on igtc (or any list).
As with all communities, there's housework to do!
I'll start the dusting with this article:
Kevin in VT

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=495&ncid=689&e=1&u=/ap/200307
21/ap_en_mu/the_who

The Who Has No Plans to Break Up
      Mon Jul 21,11:51 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - Despite losing two of their four original band members, singer
Roger Daltrey (news) and guitarist Pete Townshend (news) plan on continuing as
The Who.

            AP Photo

Daltrey said it's important to perform the music to the standard it deserves.

"It really demands a certain level of performance," Daltrey told reporters.
"And as long as I can give it that, and he (Pete) can give it that, we will be
The Who.

Bassist John Entwistle (news) died last year from a heart attack caused by
cocaine use. Drummer Keith Moon (news) died in 1978.

"It's not the same without John," Daltrey said. "But when we start playing the
songs, John and Keith, they're both alive again. They are indelible within the
music. They will always live within that music. That is the beauty of music."

Daltrey and Townshend intend to go into the studio in October and are hoping
to come up with an album, but Daltrey said, "That's in the lap of the gods. It
will only be released if we think that it's music that has something really to
say about today."

Daltrey believes there's no reason why he and Townshend can't be The Who any
more.

"It can be as long as Pete and I want to go on," Daltrey said of the band
known for the hits "Baba O'Riley," "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Pinball
Wizard."

"And as long as we can perform the music to a standard that the music
deserves, which is an incredible high standard," Daltrey continued. "Pete
Townshend is one of the most important songwriters of the 20th century.
Especially, in rock 'n' roll anyway."

Meanwhile, Daltrey has been working on a television show called "Extreme
History with Roger Daltrey," in which he recreates the challenges that defined
great moments in history. The show is set to premiere Oct. 5 on the History
Channel.

___

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of thumb.1058798902.multimedia_who_people_daltry_nyr114.jpg]