Re: One Last Hit

I forget who it was who first mentioned this book on whichever list, but can I say to that unknown hero, thanks!

I recently bought a copy and I have to say its bittersweet mix of male mid life crisis, the music of the Who, the music of the 60's, a reflective and touching ending based on John Entwistle's death, a murder mystery with plenty of red herrings, an little love sub plot and one fo the best books I have read for many a long time.

I recommend this book to the house!

And on a similarly literary note, can I also recommend Your Face here, with its intelligent chapter on how and why Quadrophenia became a British cult film?

And finally, another book with a curious link to the Quad film, a quite excellent coming of age book set around a young boy's emergence as a mod in the late '70's Quad assisted mod revival, called Untorn Tickets, by one Paul Birch. These last are both available in paperback in UK bookstores and on Amazon, at

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-0985342-7383836

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-0985342-7383836

respectively.