Re: Exquisitely Pissed - The Who Game

> > 'Tells me how I changed his past' -  'How Many Friends'.
>
> I think it's *path* rather than past.  If anyone wants to tell me
> how it's possible to change a person's past, I'm all ears.

Hmmmm....I've always heard it as "past," but you're right, a literal
reading of the line sounds somewhat confusing.

Obviously, I thought the line implied that Pete, via his music, had
changed this boy *in the past.*  The boy is telling Pete about his
past, & how Pete affected it.  I don't think Pete wants to imply that
he traveled back in time & redirected the boy.  But it *can* be lit-
erally read that way.  Perhaps Pete could've stated it better.

Path?  Hmmmm....it *could* be path.  It fits.  And makes a bit more
sense while not destroying the meaning of the line.  Gosh, now I want
to go listen to the song & try to figure it out.

I always heard "past."  Thewho.net has "past" in their lyrics, but
that doesn't mean it's correct.  What does everyone else think?  Past
or path?

"But could it be he's really just after my ath?"  ;-)

BTW, we still have one clue left from the last round:

2. "on second thought"

I hope this clue doesn't make anyone too "ill."

- SCHRADE in Akron

I do not value any view of the universe into which man & the institutions
of man enter very largely & absorb much of the attention.
    - Henry David Thoreau, 1852