Exquisite Shite at IOW with Quad

Scott:

> I remember hearing "Pure & Easy" on the radio & thinking,
>"Hey, that's like the line from "Song Is Over! I gotta get that album called
ODDS & SODS!"

Can anyone say dij` vu???

>Enjoy your prize of fuck all! On me.  You won't shite as I fiddle a-bite!

Hey, where'd the shite go?  I didn't ask for fuck all, Carol Marol was
standing in front of the shite curtain and I wanted that one!

Mc:

>I think a number of the Tommy songs were edited down from IOW.  It's a
shame.

It is a shame.  You would think a commercial release to make a little bread on
The Who would include the highlights of the performance they're showcasing.
But if you work long enough in a "corporate" environment, you begin to learn
that things that make sense, just aren't done.

Mc/Kev:

>>I have the VHS of IOW and I don't recall there being any equipment
>>smashing.  Is it at the end of MG?
>>
>Ummm, ummmm <damn Mc, testing my memory here>....ummmm yes, at the end of MG
>and the transition into the standard medley of songs like pieces of Sparks,
>etc. that was their trademark then.

That's right, there wasn't any "smashing" per se, but the MG medley (MG,
instrumental, Naked Eye, Magic Bus) ended with the extended Magic Bus jam and
if you listen to the disc, you can hear Pete's guitar simply crap out.
There's a hiss off his amps and he tries to keep going but the instrument just
won't have any of it.  In the film, that's where he whips the guitar to the
stage.  But somehow, Overture suddenly starts.  ;-)

Felicia:

>Teen-age angst does not solely belong to the boys - "The Real Me" still
resonates with me.
>And I consider "Love Reign O'er Me" a personal theme song.
>
>Felicia

No it doesn't.  Thanks for your insight!

Jim in Colorado