Re: Modern Drummer

> the new Modern Drummer magazine has Keith on the cover.

That link had some problems; not all the pictures loaded in.  But yes,
I believe it's the September issue that will have a tribute to Keith Moon.
It *is* the 25th anniversary of his death, after all.

I love it when Keith is featured in these hoity-toity drum magazines
(which is not very often, sadly).  The writers & drummers usually featured
are very pompous about their equipment & "craft" - and here comes pictures
of Moon smashing the fuck out of everything!  Oooops!

Maybe, as a scholarly benefit to their readers, they'll musically tran-
scribe Moonie's technique of throwing his drums into the audience!

"Then, after a silent count of six, the floor tom is hoisted above the head
& thrown into the third row....."

- SCHRADE in Akron

I do not value any view of the universe into which man & the institutions
of man enter very largely & absorb much of the attention.
    - Henry David Thoreau, 1852