Re: smashing equipment at IOW

>From: Sroundtable@
>Subject: Re: smashing equipment at IOW
>
>I have the VHS of IOW and I don't recall there being any equipment
smashing.  Is it at the end of MG?

Ummm, ummmm <damn Mc, testing my memory here>....ummmm yes, at the end of MG
and the transition into the standard medley of songs like pieces of Sparks,
etc. that was their trademark then.  Just as things were building, Pete had
no choice but to cut it all short and call it a day, to the utter and visual
disappointment of Keith.
When I say "equipment" was smashed, I don't mean instruments and speakers,
etc., but look closely, Pete picks up his....ummm....his.....electronic fuzz
box (??) or some such piece of equipment (whish is why I wrote equipment,
because I don't know the proper name for what it was), raises it straight
over his head, and then smashes it straight down onto the stage.
Quick, and pure expression of frustration at the constant malfunction of
this box and his guitar.  He then walks off stage in an understandable huff.
A great show that was cut short by equipment failure.

Kevin in VT