A Man Who Says He Can't Help The Ones He Really Loves

You can be cool with anyone
You can be cool with any kind of fool

You can be a fool with someone you met on the subway

You can be cool with anyone

You can be cool
It can be easy to be nice to those you Don't Even Know

But can you
Can you help the one you love

It's easy to put money in a beggars hat
Easy to write a check and that is that

Easy to walk by
Or even shed a tear

But can you help
Can you help the one you love

Can you help the one you really love

It's easy to be angry
It's easy to be brave
It's easy to fade
When there's no one in your heart

You get up
You feel good
You take your vitamin pills
Eat your Shredded Wheat
And you read about the kills

And you wash your hands of the world
Think about some girl
And you wonder
As you always have

Can you help
Can you help
Can you help the one you really love

(beautiful solo on Fylde guitar)

it's easy to be kind
it's easy to be right
when no one knows the details of your life

It's easy to be upright
When no one knows the truth that lies behind the pages

And what you write in your newspaper
When you condemn
When you judge
When you sneer
And you call

You call out for a bloodbath
Or a Revolution
OR A WITCH HUNT

I ask you this now

Can you help
Can you help
Can you help
The One You Really Love

Can you help
Can you help
The One You Really Love

......You know....I was there.....I was fortunate enough to see it face to
face.  He really did mean every word.  If anyone has any doubts, the LIFEHOUSE
DVD should remove them.  He knew.  He knows so much.

Whatever Love Pete needed to get through his unfortunate circumstances....it
is the same Love he has already given to us.  That is just the way it works.
We just gave it back, that's all....

Long Live Rock

jacqueline

"It takes two to be The WHO these days."  -  Roger Daltrey

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of Blue Sky.jpg]