Re: Group interaction

In a message dated 7/11/03 1:53:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pkeets@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> >I'm done participating in it.

Kevin,

To but in, I will say that I asked Keets myself privately if she had anything
in her to help with the situation with Jeff.  I had something to do with it
as far as that goes.  She's an even tempered classy person that doesn't get hot
and knows both parties.

I felt that she was just doing what she felt to do to keep peace.  That is
how I read her involvement. I'm sorry Lela, for the static you got.

We were all at Jeff and Melanie's house for Mansfield I and they did such a
nice thing for us.  I will never forget that. Personally, I received care from
Jeff, as he gave me hospitality that I didn't even ask for. I was tired after
the show and was going to do the turnaround drive back to MI from Boston and
he wouldn't let me even though I had a pressing matter back home, which I kept
quiet about.  They are fine people.

I also had the pleasure to meet in person You, Scott, Alan, Sean, George,
Lela, Rick, Stu, your young buddy and his girl (who I tutored on which order to
buy Who albums in and then warned beforehand that I will get a *bit* animated)
among others.

So after a nice time like that, I see the trouble between Jeff and Mark and
it was very nasty.  Jeff was 1/2 of the argument.  Jeff got hurt by something
that happened privately and left the list.  I felt awful to see that happen
because I know him.  He seems very hurt and is trying to work something out
inside maybe.

Scott and I have butted heads many a time.  I can say with complete honesty
that he is a major person among the people that I've been acquainted with.  We
differ in the most basic thing in the universe: He believes there is no God
and I believe there is.  He thinks that the universe happened and is self
sufficient while I believe that Someone designed it to happen. And is maintaining
it.  But we always back off.  I know he is not stupid.  I know he is not crazy.
He thinks that I am not a reliable source of information, and I know that one
day he might find out that I am.  At present, we are just different.  But I
have a ton of respect for him because I know where he stands.  He is not a fool
to not believe in things he is not convinced of yet.  He has seen a
counterfeit for 20 years, one that I don't appreciate either.

Anyhow, what would make my day is to see someone ask Jeff "what is the
matter?" and say, man, why are you so hurt? And let it go and let it be and not even
try to give an answer.  Sometimes people just want to know that someone
cares.  We defend ourselves too much.  We all screw up.  We all get hot and say
things we don't mean.  It is not to be in denial to be an understanding person
when someone is having a hard time.  And I would hope he would do the same for
Mark.  However, Mark doesn't seem hurt, just bothered.  Am I too much?

I see Kevin that you get angry too and react pretty swiftly.  It hurts me to
see you go at Lela like that.  I don't see her as a problem. Like I told you
privately, I always enjoy your insight and you are very sharp. And funny.  I
like to be friends. I also don't see you three as a gang.  You guys are just the
strong ones on the list. Jeff is a strong one too and I miss his
contributions.

Jon in Mi.