Re: New Pete diary

Scott wrote:

>I'm more than satisfied.  I was quite prepared to continue my Who fanatic-
>ism & love for Pete without ever hearing him say he was sorry.  I would've
>lived.

I was already moving on, because I cut him the slack early and knew that
like me, he was dealing with this in phases.  I always don't see my *faults*
for what they are right away, and it takes time to soften my pride and
transform it into humility.   I believe he took longer *in our eyes* to reach
this state because of the scale of his celebrity in comparison to say
*John Q. Lewinski*

>But the "scandal" would've remained an open sore for me.  I would've been
>left wondering if Pete had understood the impact of his actions, or if he
>even regretted those actions. Or if Pete even gave a fuck that many of his
>fans, while proudly & loudly defending him, caught a lot of shit & ridicule
>from people who smelled blood.

I partly agree about the *open sore*, but I perceived from his previous diary
entries that he was suffering through this and realization was eventually
going to surface.  It may have way before today on a more personal level,
but this is the first that fans and outsiders have had a glimpse of it.

>Now, I can put this whole mess behind me.  I have experienced closure.
>Complete closure.  Today, I love Pete Townshend more than I ever have.

Spot on!

>But I have to wonder.  I wonder about all you self-serving fuckheads out
>there who thought you were being so goddamned pure, who thought you were
>being such "true fans;" I wonder if *you've* now lost some respect for your
>hero because he dared stoop so low as to say "I'm sorry" to his undeserving
>fans for the "pain" he admits to causing.  Well,.....did ya',.....punks?

<Wince>.. I count myself among the *self-serving* but not the *pure
fuckheads*.
That gang never accepted me from the beginning.  ;-o

Everybody's relationship with Pete is different, so the people that
didn't need an explanation or an *I'm sorry* may be indifferent to this
event as they have appeared to be all along.  Who knows?

>Must be quite a letdown for those of you who thought you knew him so well.

In the end, it appears to me that Pete is just like us, only MORE talented
in many areas.   He's ONE.

Joe in Philly
Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.