Re: New Pete diary

> > But I am deeply sorry for the trouble and pain I've caused: even the
> > investigating officer who first found my name on a porn site database
> > was a Who fan, and was saddened.
>
> There it is........there is the apology........for those who wanted to
> hear those words "I am sorry", will this satisfy you, I wonder?

I'm more than satisfied.  I was quite prepared to continue my Who fanatic-
ism & love for Pete without ever hearing him say he was sorry.  I would've
lived.

But the "scandal" would've remained an open sore for me.  I would've been
left wondering if Pete had understood the impact of his actions, or if he
even regretted those actions. Or if Pete even gave a fuck that many of his
fans, while proudly & loudly defending him, caught a lot of shit & ridicule
from people who smelled blood.

Now, I can put this whole mess behind me.  I have experienced closure.
Complete closure.  Today, I love Pete Townshend more than I ever have.

But I have to wonder.  I wonder about all you self-serving fuckheads out
there who thought you were being so goddamned pure, who thought you were
being such "true fans;" I wonder if *you've* now lost some respect for your
hero because he dared stoop so low as to say "I'm sorry" to his undeserving
fans for the "pain" he admits to causing.  Well,.....did ya',.....punks?

Must be quite a letdown for those of you who thought you knew him so well.

- SCHRADE in Akron