RE: A Message to Jeff

I'd hate to see IGTC become something like O&S.

O&S hasn't been whatever you think it is for months and months. Every few months, a flame war occurs for the span of a week or two and then goes away. I have skipped over more political debate and flame wars in the past year on IGTC than I have on any other list. I'm so sick and tired of people putting down O&S because of isolated bad instances whilst ignoring the idiosyncrasies on their own list. Enjoy whatever list you belong to but there's no need to put down any of the others.

There won't be any more flame wars on O&S. Everybody left. O&S is singular among Who lists in that the Fang Gang will 1) threaten listers with harm and 2) actually follow through on threats to force people off the list. Long time lister Mr. Harry Gambill left last fall after Fang contacted his employer and reported him for posting on company time. I think there was something of an exodus after that.

Well, okay. Fang does this on alt.music.who, as well. A couple of years back he (or one of his buddies) faked a post that tied one of the posters there to a pedophile group. Inspection of the return path eventually showed it was a fake, but the targeted poster suffered quite a bit of abuse in the meantime.

I believe some of the IGTC listers can report being physically stalked by the Fang Gang in years past.

These things are not funny.

keets