Re: New Message From Phoenix Survivors; Nosebleeds; Water

> See Mark!  I didn't start it!

Kevin:

I'm not blaming you!

> Didn't you hear?  Daltrey pulled out of the show.  He's not doing it.

Scott:

Yeah, I saw that on Fox News. So it must be true, huh?

>I know of  utterly *brilliant* men that have counted their brilliance
as garbage after seeing what it is that God has given to us in this unique
book.

Jon:

Name names.

> If one reads the bible with an open attitude and a seeking heart one
will understand the seeming contradictions and know that God has just one
standard. His.

That's a convenient way to disregard them. If one reads it with blinders OFF, they see that there's something amiss. Reading it after you believe in it is what is known as a "self-fulfilling prophesy."

>What seems as contradictions on the surface are merely facets of
the same diamond.

Very poetic, but without much substance I'm afraid.

> God knows how to hide the truth from the passing curious.  He
is not common.

Yeah, that's a great way to get people to come to him/her/it. Hiding the truth. Brilliant. But perhaps he'll count that brilliance as garbage when he realizes it doesn't help matters, that more people have been killed in his name than for any other reason. Yes, this brilliance must rank right up there with hiding fossils so we'd be fooled into believing in evolution...yeah, I can hear the cosmic chuckling right now. Poking Lucifer in the ribs, "Ha ha ha, that's one for you mate!"

>Many have read the bible hundreds and even thousands of times and have
not yet begun to scratch the surface of it's depths.

Many thought The Flying Nun was good television.

> There is no other book in the world that can compare.

Ever read the Silmarrillion? For that matter, have you ever checked into ANY other religion (not that the Silmarillion represents another religion)? And, if not, you have no basis for comparison so you can't possibly know if Xtianity is the right one. I never cease to be amazed at the number of Xtians who know no other spiritual paths yet shout from the rafters that theirs is the "one and only true religion." And the rest are false prophets, and they need to be cleansed, and so MORE people die...

Study all other religions. The perspective it gives you is well worth it.

> Just one verse from the bible says more than all of the poets and
writers in history ever could.

Which one is that?

> Who could write something like the first 4 verses of John?

Hemmingway?

> Our mind alone will never and can never understand God's revelation.

See, I have a problem with a religion (or anything) that requires one to deny their intelligence. In essence, John Lennon stated it better "Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream..." So what you're saying is religion is like LSD. Yeah, I can see that...

>and one doesn't need to be of a certain caliber to understand it. This

You're saying it's been "dumbed down?"

> which hold no water." Jeremiah 2:13

But...Jeremiah was a bullfrog!

> For what it's worth, I stuck my nose in because of our good friendship.

Joe:

Just a heads up: we used to be his best friends on this list.

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.