Re: karma and sin

<<an ant can not have been a human-being in the
previous life. life after life, we`re getting higher -
this is one of the ways THIS theory goes,
reincarnation and all, if it`s true than getting
higher is the purpose of it, not a mess like being a
teacher of wisdom in one life, an ant in the next, a
dog and then a bird and then a snake and then a deaf,
dumb and blind boy ;-)>>

The theory goes that if you did something really
really horrible in this life, you can be dumped down
to something very lowly as a punishment.  There's also
the notion that if you were, say, racist, sexist,
etc., you must spend the next lifetime as a member of
the group you oppressed to experience how it feels.
Many people believe that before attaining Nirvana one
has to go through incarnations as every conceivable
group, like man, woman, animal, Hindu, Protestant,
African-American, Asian, etc.  I almost converted to
Hinayana Buddhism and while I ultimately chose a
different religion, I remain very influenced by
Buddhism, which is the religion most compatible with
every other religion.  Even Buddha said you don't have
to be a Buddhist to completely follow all of his teachings.

=====
Anna U. Mormack
Welcome to My World:
Main Page:  http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl