keeping the faith

zipzorb/Marc wrote:
>>But how many of us are mentally prepared for
anything worse?<<
>>Do I have NO life, that I can let distressing news
of a rock n roll artist destroy my emotional well
being?  I don't know. I've found myself risking my job
and health just trying to get to 19 WHO shows in the
past two years.<<

Marc - you've given alot - your post is very touching.
All I can say is hang in there.  Two sayings come to
mind that help me cut through the clutter and anguish:

On keeping the faith in Pete and that the good will
out,
"To believe in something not yet proved and to
underwrite it with our lives; it is the only way we
can leave the future open."  - Lillian Smith

On what do I do IF IF IF the worst turns out, my
approach would be to:
"Hate the sin, love the sinner."

That's it.  Those two sayings cover a lot. For more
extended affirmations, see the posts from Schrade and
Jon yesterday.  Those cheered me right up!
best,
Ken in MD

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops down to help
a child." Pete Townshend
http://mailplus.yahoo.com