Re: Rush and Pete with Mike and Mark and Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

In a message dated 1/30/03 12:50:00 PM, Peacemonger <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
writes:

<<<I made reference to the pretel incident.>>>

Sorry, I did not make that connection.  (d'oh!)

<< >By the way, were you backstage at The Who show in Houston in 2000?

No, I only went to the Atlanta show. And wasn't backstage...actually I have
passed on two opportunities to go backstage at a Who show, because I'd rather
not. But that's another topic... >>

Perhaps a more interesting one, at that.  It has been my experience that they
don't really make themselves available to meet the backstage guests.  You
just sit in the little room until you figure out that no one is going to show
up (well, Rabbit or Zakk might make an appearance).  The only exception was
Houston in 1989 when I met them briefly as they were walking around in the
corridor in the Astrodome after the show, before going to the Van to drive
away.  Has anyone had any different experiences?

(Actually, Pete was in a golf cart because he had twisted his ankle jumping
at the end of WGFA.  His hand was already bandaged up from impaling himself
on the whammy-bar in Tacoma.  We were glad they only had one more show to do,
or Pete might end up killing himself by the end of the tour).

-Mike