Re: Mass media letdown

>>> legalize@xmission.com 01/30/03 12:55PM >>>
>>>If they ever bother to run a retraction or a correction, it will be a tiny
one paragraph
story buried deep in the web site/newspaper/magazine....

If there's anyone left on their staff with a shred of conscience, it will be
reported, but in the smallest, most ignorable way possible.... They will be
looking for the next victim, they don't care about fessing up to the fact that
they've already ruined lives.<<<

You're absolutely correct.  However, I can think of at least two cases (Leno
and Rivers) and we can add more where Pete would probably have a pretty good
libel suit once he is cleared.  Also, once the all-clear signal is given, I
have a feeling that many of us will make it our business to "remind" the press
of their obligation in this specific case.

Ken in MD