A Clock in Pete's defense

>From: "Karyn O'Connor" <koconnor@importproducts.com>
>Subject: A Clockwork Orange
>
>Hi folks,
>
>I just saw the movie "A Clockwork Orange" for the first time last night.
>Rattling around in the cobwebs of my brain, I thought there was some
>connection between Pete and this movie.  Or was it a connection between Pete
>and Stanley Kubrick?

I'd be very interested too.
Hey, long time no "see"!

There was discussion some time ago, that I wasn't able to follow at the time (to busy or something) about the connection.
So, there definitely *is* a connection.

Anyone??

>From: Peacemonger <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Ka-ZAH; Mayor McCheeze; Breast in show; Poor Richie; Best WN boot
>
>Kevin:
>
>What do you expect?

For people to not lie on the list (see Mc-post)?

>He's gotten rid of the "article" about sex using gerbils

Oh my!

>but still advocates sex between older men and girls under 16,

Hey now!

Things are a bit "different" in Utah.  I've got friends in SLC that we visit and board with.  It's a wild-wild world!

>From: Jon Dawson <thirdofnever@yahoo.com>
>Subject: how to contact Stern
>
>I believe that the website with all of the contact
>info is www.marksfriggin.com.
>
>Also, I believe that we need to take an entire day to
>focus our energies on Stern, then an entire day on Jay
>Leno, then an entire day on Fox News, etc, and repeat
>until it gets through.

Any info on how to contact Leno??

>From: Sroundtable@aol.com
>Subject: Kevin at it again from VT

<SNIP>

I'll just let your stink linger.
Much more important things to concentrate on than you.

>From: Brian Cady <brianinatlanta2001@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Pete: Email clears me
>
>From The Sun at:
>http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003042192,00.html
>
>EXCLUSIVE

Ha!  Taking quotes right from Pete's Web Site is an "Exclusive" ?
Oh brother.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Tonight's rant
>
>We're seeing a
>performance from the IWF today--aren't they coming across like stuffed
>shirts?  I get a strong impression that these are only figurehead
>organizations designed to make everyone think we're doing something about
>child porn, and their big function is to make bleeding heart speeches about
>it, collect donations and look after their fat salaries.  I suspect the IWF
>is really pissing Pete off or he wouldn't have siced the fans on them
>today--do you suppose he's asking what they did about his complaints?
>(Answer: nothing.)

Ding-Ding-Ding!

Best paragraph posted on this list in quite some time.
I had the same thoughts last evening.
What *have* they done with the information that Pete sent them?

>From: Keithjmoon70@aol.com
>Subject: I am an Animal
>
>my lovely wife was arrested by the police in a
>drug bust and was put in jail and I heard it all go down over my cell when I
>was halfway there.

Holy shit!
My god Jon.  You held yourself together admirably then.

>I woke up in a Soho doorway...

Don't *tell* me the policeman knew your name!

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Great idea!
>
>Hmmm.  I wonder what would happen if we were to write to Mr. Stephens and
>Mr. Robbins at the Internet Watch Foundation and ask for a report of what
>websites they've helped close down in the last couple of years, and
>specifically what they did about Pete Townshend's contacts reporting
>Internet porn.  A few emails to the media might also assist with getting the
>question asked publically.

E-mail to IWF, cc: to media.

I'm there.

Kevin in VT