Re: Toronto Encore CD and more

In a message dated 1/30/03 12:27:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Shepherdsbush@aol.com writes:

> . Did anyone get the special
> collectors case containing all of them? I am really jealous of you, whoever
>
> you are!

I now have 13 of them and I am going to be ordering the 9 box + the other 3 I
need to complete very soon.  I listened to Dallas and it is so loud that it
seems like you are in the front row.  I *really* liked this one.

If you are looking for a note perfect concert, I don't think there are any.
If so, let me know.  They do vary in energy levels from CD to CD and the mix
is usually different.  You are right about Pete being way up in the Toronto
CD and Zak is too for that matter. Guitar and drums are what I personally
love, so that explains my reason for picking this one.

I also listened to the Gorge one last night.  I was disappointed at the
slightly muffled sound when it first came on and they were still feeling
their way through some of the music on the first CD, but that is
understandable, as this was very early in the tour and they probably had
"other" things on their minds as well.  CD 2 is another story.  Pete went
crazy on MG and did some of the best soloing I have ever heard him play.  He
really pushed this song near the end.  Then came the WGFA where he smashed
his guitar.  I now know why.  The way they played made me forget the sub par
recording (it ain't that bad).  It wasn't their fault.

Jon in Mi.