Operation Ore, 1000 names leaked to press, &c.

>>> pkeets@hotmail.com 01/27/03 11:26PM >>>
>>Notice that the police only seem to have caught one
real pedophile in this investigation.  All the others
only seemed to be looking at pictures.<<<

I wouldn't assume anything about the number of "true"
peds they've apprehended through operation Ore based
on press reports.  It appears that the authorities in
the UK are overwhelmed with this investigation and the
courts, prisons, and treatment centers are no better
prepared to handle additional cases.  Of the thousands
netted, some will surely turn out to have been up to
more than "just looking."  And those "only looking at
pictures" are culpible too, perhaps by degrees, but
just the same they validated the efforts of the
abusers and paid them for it too.  Given all the
advance word the press has given by these leaks, I'm
sure hundreds of the worst offenders have simply
smashed their hard drives.

>>I wish I knew what all was on that site.  Do you
suppose it was all hard-core stuff?<<

Are you sure you want to know, after reading that
Michael Malone piece?  Unlike Pete's approach to
research, one would be advised to focus on secondary
sources, such as local press coverage of the Reedy
trial and coverage of the DOJ, USPS, and Customs
Service work.  Considering Avalanche was their biggest
bust and prosecution, there must be information about
it there.

To be honest, however, one's quest to understand this
would probably better benefit from investigating sex
addiction and Internet addiction, understood as means
to live a "Grid-Life" when real life pain is too much
to bear.

Ken in MD
http://mailplus.yahoo.com