Rush's comment about Pete

>appropriate in this forum I do not know....), I fail to understand why you
continue to judge other people's character and intelligence by their
political opinions.

Mike:

I'm going to attempt to put this to bed finally. After this, it's on you and/or anyone else who keeps it alive. I responded to two conservative shots on Pete Townshend. That SHOULD fall within the guidelines of this list (although in the Bush age of vanishing civil rights, perhaps not). But "some" who (I can only suppose) are embarrassed by such comments from their mentors keep brining it back to politics.

To answer your question and hopefully end this sidetrack: History, experience. You know, like the fucking stupidity of Reagan giving arms and funds to bin Laden and Saddam (as well as authorizing the sale of deadly biological samples and chemicals) without considering that these two would become our worst enemies and cost us billions we can't afford. You support such utter stupidity, then it will reflect on a person's take on your intelligence.

>mean-spirited.

How can you talk of "open mindedness" when you cannot see the blatant mean spiritedness of the conservatives? Has any liberal called Bush a "terrorist?" No? Despite the fact he's done more to promote Laden's agenda than anyone else on the planet? And the hypocrasy; it's OK for Bush to snort coke but horrible for Clinton to smoke pot, etc.

>there are people on the right and the left who are sometimes capable of
making valid points.

Listen, I have a good friend who's a republican currently working for the NSC, so I have a bit more information than most about what's really going on. He doesn't think much (to put it mildly) of Bush, as he agrees with my assessment. He (a foreign affairs expert) also sees as clearly as I do the dangers of going into an unjustified war with Iraq. So you are completely off base here. It's about the substance, not the label.

> (I also find it interesting that Neal Boortz, a
Libertarian, is too conservative for you...)

Did I mention Boortz? No? Then why did you?

>Some people feel that "most liberals'" contempt for the US taxpayer is rather
mean-spirited.

You mean the contempt that wants people who might actually spend the money in the US to get it instead of people who are already getting "corporate welfare" and not paying even as much as people making in the ten thousands a year, and spend it out of the US? Whatever, dude...

> By the way, I heard the bit with Rush's "Pete Comment" and it
was clearly "tongue-in-cheek."

Yes, of course...he was just kidding. He is always kidding when he makes such a comment, right? Again, whatever you have to tell yourself to allow you to swallow the patently flawed conservative spew.

Now I'd appreciate it if you (and the others) would let me alone about politics. I understand the concept of blaming someone else for your own actions (like blaming Clinton for exposing his private life when in fact it was the Micropublicans), but it won't play with me. All I did was comment about the rant someone sent Leslie and what Fat Boy said. Oh, that's right...he was only kidding...

NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!!

                              Cheers             ML