Re: Part III (continued)

In a message dated 1/26/03 2:38:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> The US has periodic fits of complaining about human rights in other
> countries and making this the basis of "preferred nation" trade agreements.
>
> Maybe it's time to look at the treatment of children in Russia, Asia and
> South America that allows them to be used for the sex trade, and to make
> this one of the items on the agenda.

I believe that it needs to become a very public issue.  The general public
does not really have the time to get into issues like this.  It is dirty.  It
is taboo.  "It does not apply to me" much in the same way as you pointed out,
the way even we did not give much of a response to Pete's posting of ADB etc.
However,  people that have had this happen to them or people that know people
that have experienced these evils probably caught it.  There is a large class
of these unfortunate ones and the numbers of such ones have the very real
possibility of exploding

The Internet is becoming something that has changed the way we live and
communicate.  I know that it has changed my life and habits.  Never did I
communicate with fellow Who fans worldwide about things like this. I just
heard things on the radio.  The Internet makes things so easy. As Pete
pointed out, this works for both good and evil and the evil is winning.

If children in these countries are being exploited for money on a mass scale,
this is not an American problem or a Russian problem or a South American
problem etc.  It is a human problem.  We cannot ever become numb to this or
just look the other way.  There is a secret war in which humans are getting
ruined before they even have a chance to resist.  America should use it's
worldwide influence to bring attention to this and it starts by first knowing
that such a thing is going on.  I thank Pete for that much.

Jon in Mi.