It just has to be said..............

Sorry, but it just has to be said.................

First, in the "it always amazes me how people who argue against politics
on list always have to get their 2 cents in....." category......

>From: Nelson9792@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Rush comments on Pete
>
>Some people feel that "most liberals'" contempt for the US taxpayer is
>rather
>mean-spirited.

Contempt for the US taxpayer?  Which of course would also include all
liberals, since we're taxpayers too.
Yes, wanting a balanced budget and more money to actually *help* the "have
nots" is indeed a contemptible thing.  A far cry from tax cuts that help
only the rich.

>By the way, I heard the bit with Rush's "Pete Comment" and it
>was clearly "tongue-in-cheek."

I have to say you've got guts.  I respect that.
I'd be too embarrassed to admit I listened to Rush.
Even my hardest conservative friends see him for the liar and distorter
that he is.  Even my dad!

Then there's this from the "Nanny-nanny-boo-boo, I TOLD YOU SO!" files:

>From: Sroundtable@xxxxxxx
>
>Subject: See, Mark. It's not just me
>YES!!!  Someone else has Mark pegged exactly as I do.

Here was my take:
<Mc running down street waving hands in air and yelling..>

"See, Mark. It's not just me! See, Mark. It's not just me! See, Mark. It's
not just me!"

<Mc runs into a tree>
<Mc laying on his back unconscious>
<Dog comes by and raises leg.  Thinks twice and decides it's not worth it.>

Finally there's this from the "That's Ludacrisp!" files (not to be
confused with the "Super Sugar Crisp" files).....

>> Exsqueeze me???  Am I the last Who fan alive not to know that Pete
>> (his family?) is Jewish?  Is Birchill on crack?  Is there a
>> third
>> alternative?
>
>I had no idea he was jewish, also.  I guess his mother is Jewish, but she
>is quoted recently as stating that they were a sound, Christian family.
>Did they convert?  I don't think Pete was raised Jewish.  He may
>ethnically have jewish blood, but I don't think his family ever
practiced >Judaism.

Yes, and Meher Baba converted to Judaism shortly before his death.
His "Jewish blood", having tormented him all his life, was too great to
ignore.

My advise...........

Dig deeper.  There's more there than just music.

Kevin in VT
Having a little fun this Super Bowl Sunday Morning.
:-D