Re: Part II

In a message dated 1/24/03 1:28:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> .  I'll have to think a
> little bit on what might be a better way to go about it.

Wow, you have really been doing your homework down there, and late too, I
might add!  I should talk.

Well, while agree with the stupidity of prohibition in the twenties, I don't
see the parallel with regard to child pornography.  It is a problem because
there are freaks out there that dig this stuff and are turned on by it.  The
same could be said for the rapists and serial killers being turned on by
their crimes.  Should we legalize murder and rape?

Note: I am not arguing, I am just trying to help work this out with you and
the rest. We should desire to be cooperative in this painful period. I am
bringing my thoughts up as additional points to consider...

Child pornography is not natural.  It preys on innocent victims who's souls
are damaged severely and possibly permanently by this crime. In Pete's
original statement before ADB on his site he described this as a bomb coming
out of nowhere and completely changing a person's life forever. I call it a
crime.  I do not call it an "orientation."  The perpetrator needs help, in
whatever way it is that will stop him from committing this crime.

There has to be accountability for doing this to someone.  As Pete said in
ADB a market is created and a "fresh supply" is needed for this market when
people access these sites. The site should not be there.  The ones putting up
the images and the ones accessing the site for a perverted appetite should be
stopped.  There needs to be careful discernment to determine the difference
between research and actual use for gratification. (You are wrestling with
how to come about this effectively and fairly, I understand.)

Once a person has been sexually abused or raped, untold damage occurs inside
of the delicate soul of a human being. This should *never* be a form of
entertainment.  The affected one may turn to drugs or self destructive habits
that start a cycle that must be addressed, treated and stopped. Pete's friend
did not get enough of this help. It is nearly impossible. (but I found out
that that is the *good* news). I applaud Pete for pointing this out to us.
This secondary behavior affects the lives of everyone around them.  Broken
people need mercy to the uttermost.

In the case of heroin, I am very glad that there are laws in place against
this drug. If there is not a reason to get off of it, one may not ever get
off of it. A drug addict is a monster.  A monster that is also a person. To
get off drugs there needs to be an incentive. As addicts do not use rational
thought, they have to have outside help, or to put it another way-get the
HELL knocked out of them.  The addiction often is a mask to cover hidden pain
and helplessness, such as results from molestation.  If there is no fear of
the law or no wall to hit, death may be the wall and probably *will* be in
the case of heroin.

Jon in Mi.

Jon in Mi.