The average shmo will notice if Pete's charged.

>From: Keithjmoon70@aol.com
>Subject: Re: Rush Limbaugh makes Pete reference
>
>That is for sure. Another thing that is so ridiculous about just
>following/pushing "Liberal" or "Conservative" views.  Facts?  People? What
is
>that?

Is ideology the word you're looking for?
Do Liberals have a Rush or O'Brien counterpart?
I can't think of one.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>
>Subject: Re: The average shmo's perception of Pete.....
>
>I forgot to mention I had on my PYCHODERELICT T-shirt, also!  Boy, you
>sure called that one, Cuz-Kev!  Am I *that* predictable?

Not predictable, just appropriately impassioned....no matter *how* deep the
funk you were in. :-)

I remembered that T-shirt from Hershey, and wished I had one.
Figured it was the most appropriate one for the occasion (defending Pete in
a bar).
I had to settle for Tommy (that poor little diddled boy.).

>She was probably thinking, "What the fuck is
>this idiot talking about?"

Yeah, but if she was hot, we'll let her off the hook.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: The average shmo's perception of Pete.....
>
>I think this has gone over most people's heads.  It was quite an earthquake

>for Whofans, but most of the world seems not to have noticed.

Iiiiiii don't know if I'd go that far.
Stern has a far reaching audience, as does Lame-o......whoops, I mean Leno.
The fact that they were making jokes tells me there's interest.

I'm still bracing for 1/28.
And, I'm still of the contention that if the Police make a statement that
nothing was found on Pete's computers, and that he will not be charged, we
need to take that statement and send it to *everyone* with a brief,
professional, and to the point statement asking the media to run with it as
hard as they did with the initial breaking story.  The statement should end
with "You owe Pete as much".
I'll draft something this weekend.

>>classic rock/music).  The kid said (according to Steve), "Pete Townshend,
>>oh, that guy that's fighting the press right now?".
>
>Well now that's cool. Isn't it a pretty good description of the whole
thing?
>  Some folks are just so perceptive!

I know!  That's what struck me as well!  From a kid (Baaaa-a-a-a-ah) in High
School no less.
I wanted to meet the guy and give him some info. to spread around.  Oh, and
a boot or two too.

>:)

Good to have you back girl.
I'm hoping it's not a temporary stop.

>From: JOELTLE515@aol.com
>Subject: ::sighs::
>
>am I the only positive who fan on this list?  the cops ain't gonna find
>ANYthing on pete's computer.

I'm optimistic!  And confident they won't find anything either!

>got that?!

Yep.

>nothing!

Yes, but..........
We can't ignore the *fact* that Pete broke the letter of the law by going to
and gaining access to an illegal site.

*Will* police charge him for that?  *That's* the question.

What I keep coming back to is if the Police *don't* charge Pete with this,
then how will they enforce the law in the future?  It would in a sense give
everyone the right to visit child porn sites and say "well, why can Pete do
it and I can't?".

I'm fearing that Pete will be charged, and we will again go through another
round of media frenzy.  But this round will be almost impossible to combat.

Sorry for my gloom.

Mourning the death of one of the greatest snowboarders, Craig Kelley.  3x
world champion turned recluse Backcountry rider.  Caught in a massive
avalanche yesterday in BC.
I've been riding a Craig Kelley Custom '68 for over 8 years now.

RIP Craig, as you've done your whole career.

Kevin in VT