Re: Opinions Needed ~ Encore Series ~ What To Buy Next ~ Have Irvine

Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:24:18 -0800
From: "An English Boy" <peter_dennis_blandford_townshend@hotmail.com>

I'm going to buy a couple Encore Series shows, and, wanted to get
some input as to people's opinions on what shows are:

1~ The best performaces

2~ The most unique performances

3~ The most unique set lists

Special consderation will be given to those who can compare their
choices against the 9/15/02 Irvine Meadows CA show, which is, IMO,
so fine as to be unbeatable.
I was at Irvine, which I thought was an excellent show. Unfortunately, IIRC the setlist was pretty much cut and dried every night, almost every show I knew which song was coming next. However, Vegas was a standout because the setlist DID vary, plus it was IMO Pete's farewell memorial performance to John. I'd recommend Toronto both because the performance was a big more ragged and emotional than the rest, plus of course it was the last one. I hear MSG July 31 is better soundwise than the other MSG shows, and have heard Jones Beach highly recommended. I was at all four MSG shows but don't recall any standing out over any others, performance-wise -- they were all brilliant.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true"