Re: Various Responses & Thoughts

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:31:23 -0500, "O'Neal, Kevin W."
<Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org> wrote:

>>From: The Real Me <emerald.eyes@rcn.com>
>>Subject: Re: Various Responses & Thoughts
>>
>>Without knowing the man personally or having any special insight other
>>than a fan of 20+ years, I think that a friend of mine summed it up in
>>an email to me:
>>
>> <<I have long thought that PT is one of those bright intellects who
>>lacks basic, sound commonsense.
>
>I don't believe that for a moment.

Oh, I do! I know *lots* of people like that -- book-smart, but very
sheltered or naive or plain unrealistic that the rest of the world
doesn't see things the way they do. It's usually confined to certain
types in academia and other research-oriented professions, but I've
seen it elsewhere.

>>It was beyond dumb to go to a kiddie
>>porn site
>
>Not really if you were looking to see how bad a problem was, or gain first hand knowlege to help with future battles.

It was dumb, IMO, to (pardon the truly bad pun) expose himself like
that.

>>, but in his naivety, he thinks his goodwill, and his belief
>>in his good intentions, is more than enough to calm worried people.
>
>*This* I can believe.

Right. When I first heard about this, my first thought was that he was
telling the truth and this was some misunderstanding or incredibly
over-zealous persecution/prosecution. And I haven't wavered from that.

>>He
>>is a reckless guy and self indulgent in many things, but not uncommon
>>for silly, foppish 60's liberals.
>
>Lost me again.  And, careful Leslie, your letting your politics show again.  Birds of a feather????

Hey, I said it was from a friend. I thought it wouldn't be fair to
take quotes out of context.

>>PT rightly should be laughed at if he
>>is innocent and ridiculed, like a George Michael or Hugh Grant.What
>>was he thinking? >>
>
>No he shouldn't.  He was thinking how on earth can I save the world from this crap on my grid??!!!  Not, "I wonder how much that whore costs and what will the press say if I'm caught getting a blow."
>Sheesh.

Well, I didn't agree with that part of what he wrote.

>At the moment it sure as fuck is.  Sorry Mark, but I can't believe that this one will wash away.  Particularly if the exoneration is a quiet little blip on the back of a newspaper.
>This one is big.  It's here to stay.
>But, there's hope that it can get turned around.
>There's already some strategy thinking going on on O&S for the fans to ensure that exoneration *isn't* just a little blip.
>Pete has helped us all in so many ways over the years.
>Now, it's our turn.

I'm not on O&S, but I'd definitely like to be in on that campaign!

>What we can help with and hope for is that in the future when people talk about Pete and listen to The Who, they don't go "ha, that pedophile creepo!", but rather go "man, remember when Pete got himself into trouble, but it all turned out that he was trying to help?".
>
>Don't tear up your membership card yet, cousin.

But the big question is HOW??? That is what has been frustrating the
crap out of me this week.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org