Various Responses & Thoughts

	>From: "Schrade, Scott"
	>Subject: Various Responses & Thoughts
>
> >Before I go, I have to ask.........
> >Who is going to take on Stern?
> >COUSIN SCHRADE!
>
>What can I do?  I'm so pale & weak.

I was just thinking that if they already have a propensity to use your
faxes/E-mails, they might actually use a pro-Pete E-mail/fax.  Just the
facts in a bulleted format with info showing Pete's intentions.

>STOP!!  Pete DID NOT initiate this mess on purpose!

Well then, give me just one fucking logical reason why he would provide
credit card information to an obviously illegal site.  Do you think he was
sitting there thinking..."Ahhh, there's no way anyone can trace this?"
Give me something to hang on to!
What was going through his mind?
The notion that he very well knew what the ramifications *could* be but
decided it was worth it is not so far fetched.

>He's hired body-
>guards for himself & his family, for Christ's sake!  You think he wanted
>that?  Sacrifice his family for "the cause?"  Ruin his career for "the
>cause?"  C'mon.... There's no fucking way.  Stop it.

I hear ya, and all I'm saying is that people do things with one outcome in
mind, and then get back 10x what they expected.
I'm not saying it was all out deliberate.  I'm just suggesting that he may
have thought about the worst case scenario and felt that it could ultimately
do some good.  Unfortunately, *IF* this is true (and it's all theory so done
get all bent at me!), he vastly miscalculated the reaction.

>> Am I right by thinking that the "A different Bomb - Revisited" was
>> posted *prior* to his using his card?
>
>There's the rub, Stanley.  We don't know.  We don't know when the credit
>card transaction occurred.

I just re-read....
When "revisited" was posted, Pete already knew that the FBI had forwarded a
list of names linked to a site by credit card.  Due to this, he wanted to
re-post his "Bomb" post.
I can only conclude that at the time of "revisited", he knew he was in
trouble.

>> 2. Did Pete talk to any police personnel prior to researching child
>> pornography?

That's a key.

The *BIG* key is did Pete give his credit card info. *PRIOR* to writing "A
Different Bomb"????
It seems the timing is very close.

When was the credit card used, and was it for payment?
We don't know.

>> 3. Did Pete actually call police immediately upon entering the site
>> via his credit card?
>
>No, I don't think so.  Here's another quote from the Sun interview:
>
>*****
>Townshend said he spoke to a lawyer friend about visiting
>the sites and had been advised to keep silent.
>*****

If he had, he'd be fine.
Fucking lawyers.

>We really can't
>blame these people for thinking the worst.  We can try to change their
>opinions, but we really can't blame them for their initial reactions
>to this story.

Sure we can.  We can blame them for jumping on the band wagon of
reputation-smear despite holding strong evidence that contradicts their
initial reactions.
I'd respect Stern a lot more if he had held to his *initial* initial
reaction of "hey we don't have all the facts yet".  But, he decided ratings
and yuck-ady yucks were more important.
More important than Pete's "musical genius".

Kevin in VT