Strategies - what now?

Okay, now that the fans seem to be holding the line somewhat against the public over-reaction to Pete's admission and arrest, I'm wondering what the next step should be. Answer: I think that would be to QUESTION THE LAW Pete will be charged under.

After all, Pete did admit to doing something illegal, so it's possible that in a couple of weeks he will be charged, convicted and sent to jail for five years just like Gary Glitter. I also notice that there's been some discussion of issues in the UK press, including the broad and vague quality of the law. I don't know enough about it to say what is questionable, or what should be done to re-write it.

I do recall a few years back when there was something of a witch-hunt in the US about child porn (that's assuming it's over). I do recall that the latitude that law enforcement had was decided in court. I recall one incident in particular where the FBI solicited some poor guy with ads for three years, and when he finally ordered some porn, they busted him. They got thrown out of court for entrapment, which set one of the limits of the law.

Since this seems to be a fairly new UK law on child porn, I expect its bounds and the need for re-writing will be set in the same way, in other words, that Pete might be a test case. I've noticed some discussion of the law around on different lists, but I admit to spending most of my free time just lately in emailing media rather than reading the discussion. Does anyone know enough about the content of the law or how it's written to suggest how it should be questioned, or how it might be re-written to be more fair and useful?

Thanks.

keets