[no subject]

"I am not a paedophile. I have never entered chat
rooms on the Internet to converse with children.

"I have, to the contrary, been shocked, angry and
vocal (especially on my website) about the explosion
of advertised paedophilic images on the Internet."

It went on: "I have been writing my childhood
autobiography for the past seven years. I believe I
was sexually abused between the age of five and six
and a half when in the care of my maternal grandmother
who was mentally ill at the time.

"I cannot remember clearly what happened, but my
creative work tends to throw up nasty shadows --
particularly in 'Tommy''

"Some of the things I have seen on the Internet have
informed my book which I hope will be published later
this year, and which will make clear to the public
that if I have any compulsions in this area, they are
to face what is happening to young children in the
world today and to try to deal openly with my anger
and vengeance towards the mentally ill people who find
paedophilic pornography attractive.

"I predicted many years ago that what has become the
Internet would be used to subvert, pervert and destroy
the lives of decent people. I have felt for a long
time that it is part of my duty, knowing what I know,
to act as a vigilante to help support organisations
like the Internet Watch Foundation, the NSPCC
(National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to
Children) and Scotland Yard to build up a powerful and
well-informed voice to speak loudly about the millions
of dollars being made by American banks and credit
card companies for the pornography industry.

"That industry deliberately blurs what is legal and
what is illegal, and different countries have
different laws and moral values about this.

"I do not. I do not want child pornography to be
available on the Internet anywhere at any time."

It concluded: "On one occasion I used a credit card to
enter a site advertising child porn. I did this purely
to see what was there.

"I spoke informally to a friend who was a lawyer and
reported what I'd seen.

"I have enclosed my website article about my friend
Jenny who commit (sic) suicide because of sexual abuse
she suffered as (a) child.

"I hope you will be able to see that I am sincerely
disturbed by the sexual abuse of children, and I am
very active trying to help individuals who have
suffered, and to prevent further abuse."
http://mailplus.yahoo.com