Re: Nine Year Old Who Fan

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:47:17 EST
From: Jdtr006@aol.com

My 8 year old daughter thinks they are old aged hippies.
She's right, you know (from an American's point of view). :-)

"Mom they are soooooo gross" was her last remarks to me. Of course
she loves Aaron Carter...could there be a small generation gap here? :)
I'd put it down to a gender factor rather than age difference. The Who has always been known as a boy's/men's band, *especially* in the Keith years but later as well. While I'm well aware and appreciative of the female fans, the last I heard The Who's audience were 80% male and looking around at the 2002 shows that seems about right.

I don't know the first thing about Aaron Carter....but...does he scream the lyrics, approach his shows as a matter of life and death, frighten those in the first rows for their bodily safety, and write epic songs about the eternal issues of existence and the struggle for identity and self-actualization? Oh, and does he do it at 110 decibels? If he does, and your daughter's into THAT, then yeah, maybe she really is disgusted by the same sentiments when expressed by old farts. If not, I rest my case.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true"