Re: I tip my hat to the New (Year's) resolution

> > Or would it just give the critics free reign to make all the
> > jokes they want?
>
> Oh, like they won't ANYWAY. Like they don't ALREADY.

True.  I guess it would be better to try to diffuse the situation
from the get-go.

> instead of being at the mercy of some unimaginative critic who's
> just trying to impress his supermodel girlfriend anyway.

Someone you know?

> That's OK. It's in the 70's here today. Global warming? No such
> thing, huh?

No evidence of global warming here in O-HIGH-O.  It's in the 20's
& snowing.  BTW, BBC news ran a story that, because of the melting
polar ice caps, polar bears might become extinct in about 100 years.

> For one thing, with WN (as you say) Pete wasn't able to get the
> concept across to the point where he had a nervous breakdown.

Nervous breakdown?  He didn't have one of those until '74/'75 when
he was working on the TOMMY film.

> They should record them virtually live. IMHO.

IMO, too.  Now's not the time for a "slick" Who album.  In honor of
The OX - make our ears bleed.

> No ballads, no flourishes, no apologies.

No regrets.

> But there is such a thing as "The DT's"

I know, I know.  Detox.

> > Who uses the term "Twenty Hundreds?"
>
> What ELSE can you call it? The beginning for WW III?  I'll take
> suggestions...

Al-Qaeda's Magical Mystery Tour?

> We're talking about studio, though.

(reaching) Kenny was scared.  He was in a new band.  He didn't want
to piss Pete off so he tried to emulate the stiff style of drumming
found on Pete's demos.  Poor Kenny.  Probably got yelled at by that
Bill Syzmckstkszcky, too.  Poor Kenny.  So misunderstood.

> And what about Chicago? Toronto? Live Aid?

Chicago: Kenny outplays a drunk Pete; keeps it together.
Toronto: Venue too big; makes *everyone* sound wimpy.
Live Aid: Sound problems; another huge venue; Kenny wears funny shirt.

> > C'mon.  You know Moon could drag on occasion.
>
> Only after 1975.

Only after 1971, you mean.

> You want a list? Don't Let Go The Coat/The Quiet One/Daily Records/
> Another Tricky Day/Athena/It's Your Turn/Cook's County/Dangerous/
> I've Known No War/A Man Is A Man/Cry If You Want.

Half of those songs are crap.

> I repeat: what else has he got to do? Breed fish?

Two words: "Moon" "movie."

> I don't know about YOU, but if it was MY legacy I'd want to be the
> one who decides what gets released (and what doesn't).

Well, they have final say, don't they?  It's not like people are going
to start releasing stuff without their knowledge.

> > What "agenda" does Jon Astley have when it comes to old Who
> > material?
>
> I get the feeling he is deciding for us all what the image of The
> Who shall be. Don't you get that impression?

No.

> Ask yourself why they've corrected their mistake and released a
> stereo AQO at last, but the studio Young Man Blues is still a dif-
> ferent and vastly inferior version?  Why Doctor Jekyll is yet
> unreleased. The extra > material for Quad (reportedly an LP side's
> worth)? Fillmore East 1968? Amsterdam 1969? ANY 1971-72 show??????
> Quad at Philly and the Capitol Centre from 12/73 (reportedly remixed
> and remastered and ready for release)? And so on, and so forth.

You sound like a conspiracy theorist.  Perhaps people are simply
fucking up, that's all.  I see people fucking up all the time.  I
can't believe that there is some kind of attempt to influence the
legacy of The Who via the way their back catalogue is released.
How would *that* benefit anyone?

> It's true I am high from time to time...

Gettin' high....you can't beat it.

- SCHRADE in Akron