Motivations and enough

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
>
>>Sail. Fade away.
>
>Kevin:
>I was talking about Roger, not Pete.

Whooops.  Ok, then...ummmm....ummmmm.....hope/pray for more acting jobs?

>Who cares what the motivation is?

Well, I do.  I'd rather have a Pete motivated by passion than by greed.  Greed, as we can see in various institutions, brings only shoddy results to the whole.

>I mean, let's face it: Roger is a performer, not an artist (Pete is both). So he's not agonizing >over the fact he cannot practice his Art. He wants to be a Rock Star. Hey, so do I!

Roger definitely needs this more than Pete.
Kind of cool that Pete seems to be doing this for Roger.

>Zep was in STEEP decline and IMHO Plant just wanted a graceful way out.

There ya go again.  Stealing my thoughts!

>>The *only* way it would work is if they call the album "Who's Left".
>
>I could live with that. It does go along with their sense of humor. In fact, it goes right along >with Entwistle's.

<GASP!>  It would be kind of cool, wouldn't it?

>>Utter?
>>You mean Udder, right?
>
>Why, because it's "cowboy diplomacy?"

Hey, "cowboy" is a dirty word to any self respecting Redskins fan like myself!!!

>>Hey, I'm living in VT!
>
>We all have our burdens to bear.

Knowing your love for the mountains, I know you can't possibly think that living in VT is a burden to bear. Moving here was the best decision my wife and I ever made (well, except for getting married ;-).  I actually like cows.  They're cool, and quite interested and curious creatures.  No one ever takes the time to hang with them a bit though to find out.

>I'm in South Carolina...top that one, if you can!

No thanks.  I know an impossible task when I see one.

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>
>Subject: Re: I tip my hat to the New (Year's) resolution
>
>But I get the feeling he's making a sacrifice (?) in order to
>make Daltrey's wish come true.

I think you're right, but I do hope he has some self motivations.

>Man, just think for a minute what their relationship has evolved into.

I've been thinking about the irony of this for a while now.
The irony is thick.

>They don't need to prove any-
>thing else to me.  I'm pleased that, after all these years, they've finally
>become "mates."  That's good enough for me.

Amen brotha.

>From: "An English Boy" <peter_dennis_blandford_townshend@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Scott tips his hat to the who-> ..more than a little..and a little is enough!
>
>What you wrote Scott, quoted in full below, is so damn beautiful,
>and so true.
>
>Absolutely great! The whole story in a nutshell!

Cousin Scott was gettin' deep, wasn't he?
But man, hit the nail right on the head....and hard.

>TheWho-. have give me more......more than a little...and a little is enough!
>
>Enough......I am content!

I echo the sentiment.
But, there's also the selfish side of me that wants more.  That side is wrestling with the logical and practical side that is scared of a Who bashing if/when a new release ever comes to fruition.

Round and round we go!!!!

Kevin in VT