Re: ::a timeline of Pete Townshend and the Internet:: part II [1999]

	>From: Ken in MD <seahawkman2001
	>Subject: Re: ::a timeline of Pete Townshend and the Internet:: part II [1999]
>keets wrote:
>>>This year is an important point in establishing
whether Pete started the anti-child porn campaign
before the Landslide site was busted i.e whether it
might be a constructed defense as some have suggested.
<<<

>It appears that he did not.  The quote comes from an
>interview from BBC Radio 3 that "Fiona P" transcribed
>and posted on December 12, 1999. (Thanks Fiona!)
>
>One can argue just as persuasively that Pete's remarks
>in December 1999 came as a result of his having
>stumbled across the child abuse image by accident
>after seeing "The Waiting Children" documentary. This
>is what Pete has said. I believe him. And, as Roger
>said yesterday, "You have to weigh up all he's done
>against this."

The unfortunate thing is that the timeline can just as easily be used by those who want to paint Pete's ADB and other statements as a huge smoke-screen.

Brian Cady stated it best on O&S, that such an organized effort by Pete goes against all that we know of him.

It's March (well, in a few hours)!
Where are the damn UK Police?

>>>Thanks for doing this<<

I second that sentiment.
While posting something as detailed and permanent as this (will be in archive for all to see and use) could be seen by some as "helping the prosecution", I  firmly believe that the truth is just that and must be embraced, for good or for bad.

Kevin in VT
(with Time Mag. article now taped to window in my home office)