Re: My Generation Super Audio CD/Philips SACD player

Mark, thanks for your review of the >>Philips 7635A SA
CD player<<  From your description this would fit the
bill nicely when I get around to buying a player for
the home theater/audio system downstairs, esp. having
the DVD progressive scan and multi-format playback.

>>I don't know if the [SACD] MG disc is going to be
remixed into multi channel<<

I read a review of it somewhere within the last couple
days and believe it does not mix to the rear channels.
 It relies on the increased resolution of the format
and the closeness to the master tapes for this
presentation.  I'll look forward to it.  An album
begging for a multi-channel SACD is Quadrophenia.

>>all I have on SACD at this time is the Stones early
albums<<

Think you'll be getting the SACDs of CFNYC or Scoop
III?  the first is tempting but then you'd get the
same effect from just playing the DVD...

cheers,
Ken in MD

=====
UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT FOR PETE TOWNSHEND.
NO 'What Ifs' NECESSARY.
.
.
.