Johnny Marr bumped by Heidi Fleiss

I suspect that Zak ought to be more willing to talk and to appear on camera. He has a definite tendency to be shy and retiring, and I noticed that Letterman didn't manage to capture him on that show. Although he seemed ready to try, Zak had apparently run off.

I understand that Zak wants to be a drummer, and not just Ringo Starr's son, but it might help if he were to establish himself as a definite individual in the public eye. That means doing some interviews now and then, either with the band(s) or without.

Celebrity does have its uses. I'm sure Zak doesn't want to upstage Johnny Marr--having a reputation for that sort of thing could hurt your employment chances, but still, having a celebrity on board does attract some notice for a band, so it has pros and cons both. If the show hosts knew they were going to get to actually talk to Zak (and ask about his dad or whatever), then they might be less willing to bump him and the band for Heidi Fleiss. The questions are predictable--Zak could make up some hilarious stories about the Beatles to tell, or whatever.