[no subject]

Coming from a very different tradition are Thompson's
favourite rock band, the Who - "the most exciting band
you could see in London in the 60s," he says. "There
was a lot of tension on stage, with this extremely
aggressive music being played by four very different
people. Art was my favourite subject at school, and to
me the Who were like an art project - the Peter Blake
targets, the dadaist album covers, the clothes,
Townshend's lyrics. I rebought the first two albums
and they still sound really good."

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!