Track listing changed for Harrison tribute CD; JAE track unaffected

http://www.archervalerie.com/material.html

The track line-up for "Songs From The Material World: A Tribute To George Harrison" has changed from that announced by KOCH Entertainment in December. The collection, to be issued on what would have been George's 60th birthday, no longer includes the much-anticipated "If I Needed Someone" performed by Roger McGuinn. Copies delivered to U.S. radio stations also reveal the addition of cuts by They Might Be Giants and Leslie West & Torque.

The collection of George's songs as performed by his peers and followers will be released on February 25th, 2003. The album includes original artwork by noted designer Milton Glaser and extensive liner notes by John Kruth. All tracks were recorded specifically for this project, including a version of Here Comes The Sun performed by the late John Entwistle.

KOCH Entertainment president Bob Frank said, "This is a thrilling tribute to George Harrison. What better way to honor him than to have fellow talented musicians performing his songs?"

Todd Rundgren, who covers "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," said, "Although I was a young guitar player before I'd heard of the Beatles, I'd never heard the term 'lead guitarist'. George created the job description for my first paying gig, the vocation that I'm still lucky enough to practice today and that kind of enthusiasm is shared by the artists who are featured on the album, many of whom were influenced by Harrison to take up music in the first place."

Rundgren and Entwistle had performed Beatles covers together on the 2001 "A Walk Down Abbey Road" tour.

Dave Davies of the Kinks, who covers "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)," said, "I'm not a great lover of covers. I wouldn't normally do one. George Harrison, because of his shining spirituality, is an exception. I pay tribute to George as a great musical talent, but primarily as an advanced soul who was unafraid to share his spiritual vision and journey with us."

Here's the revised track listing
1. Todd Rundgren/"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
2. Masters Of Reality/"Devil's Radio"
3. Marc Ford & The Sinners/"I, Me, Mine"
4. Dave Davies/"Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)"
5. John Entwistle & Torque/"Here Comes The Sun"
6. Big Head Todd & The Monsters/"Within You Without You"
7. They Might Be Giants/"Savoy Truffle"
8. The Smithereens/"I Want To Tell You"
9. Leslie West & Torque/"Old Brown Shoe"
10. Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings/"Taxman"
11. Wayne Kramer/"It's All Too Much"
12. Jay Bennett & Edward Burch/"Isn't It A Pity?"

Here's the former track listing
1. Todd Rundgren/"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
2. Masters Of Reality/"Devil's Radio"
3. Marc Ford & The Sinners/"I, Me, Mine"
4. Dave Davies/"Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)"
5. Wayne Kramer/"It's All Too Much"
6. John Entwistle & Torque/"Here Comes The Sun"
7. Jay Bennett & Edward Burch/"Isn't It A Pity?"
8. Big Head Todd & The Monsters/"Within You Without You"
9. The Smithereens/"I Want To Tell You"
10. Roger McGuinn/"If I Needed Someone"
11. Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings/"Taxman"

Cheers,