Re: Jewel to record song about Pete

>>Jewel's sense of urgency comes from her interest in
tackling timely subjects.<<

Yeah, I always think of Jewel first when I think of
musicians dedicated to important causes.  Not.

>>Among the names checked in the new batch of songs:
Pete Townshend, Roman Polanski, Jennifer Lopez and
Charlie Sheen.<<
>>Roman Polanski is in talks to return to the US to
face charges of sex with an underage girl, who's about
36 now, I think.<<

And Charlie Sheen isn't probably too high on any
self-appointed cultural critic's list of targets.
Polanski's wife Sharon Tate was murdered by the
Mansons - he also directed one of the most brilliant
films of the 1970s, Chinatown.  My take on Sheen is
that he was/is probably addicted to sex among other
things and has been sober for some time now.  Humans
are complex beings and I'd hope that Jewel would
understand that poking at them to sell a few records
is pretty slimy.

Ken in MD
"You could learn a lot
from a life like mine"