re: Bargain on RAH

Did anyone think that maybe the Bargain "haaaaaad" by Roger was overdubbed or altered in some >way? When I listened to it for the first time the other day, it sounded great, but almost too >great. It actually sounds much better than the 1971 San Fran version from 30 Yrs Max RnB. This >got me thinking. As I am not a sound connoisseur, I was wondering if any of you noticed it, or >would give it a listen and respond with an opinion.

On a positive note, I thought YMB from RAH 2002 on the bonus disk was tremendous. Roger >sounded almost like he did at IOW in 1970. I also loved the version of Summertime Blues from >2002. Roger again sounds incredible. On I'm Free? Well, if one has nothing nice to say.....

Mc

I just listened to this song to see (just picked up the CD today, actually) & i have to say it does sound a *bit* too good. However, i remember reading/hearing somewhere once Roger explaining that doing things like the scream in WGFA is a not so hard & something to the effect of doing the high-pitch stuff is what is hard nowadays. Not sure if this is exactly what he said, but the jist was that doing stuff like a long scream wasn't so hard.
-cpb

_____________________________________________ Take a ride down the banal canal at THE Experience: http://www.geocities.com/jt_ia/CPB/CPB.html _____________________________________________

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es