Re: I'm A Boy! She's Just A Girl!

In a message dated 12/12/2003 7:46:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<Well, I guess we're talking about us "internet" fans, right?  If that's
<the case, then I guess Jo's statement is basically true.
Referring to "internet fans", I think it is true.  For some reason, when
Sandy, Helen (I am still living in the past, I miss her Russian-ness) or other
woman post, it never strikes me in a way that I *have* to say something so the
planets will back in alignment.  Instead, I am usually thinking "damn right
girlfriend" This goes for IGTC only.  I don't know the woman on O/S or relayers.
But, from what I have read from them, it wouldn't be any different.

<But then again, I'm reminded of Keets, a woman

Again, she is in a category all her own.  I have never went up against her
regarding any issues.  Wouldn't want to either.  But, if push came to shove, I'd
do it.

<And, Jo, you've had your share of statements/opinions which have pissed
<people off.  Does that mean *you're* difficult to get along with?

I wouldn't say I am the easiest person to get along with here.  Can I
explain? There is a confidence that I have regarding my passion for the Who.  I don't
know every tidbit of info about them.  I certainly don't own each and ever
piece of music they've recorded.   But, I do think I am an expert on the magic
that they project and the passion that, as Who freaks, we all have for their
music.  That feeling you get when you hear the first few notes of a Who song.
It is truly magic.  I love alot of other bands but no other band gives me that
feeling.

It is that confidence that drives me to speak up to whoever it is I disagree
with.  I may not agree with what everyone says, and I say so, but, I do
respect 97% of the people here, because we all share a passion for the magic that is
the Who.  If I didn't have you guys, I wouldn't have anyone to talk Who shit
too and that would really suck.  I lived the first 25 years not having anyone
to share Who talk with.  At least not anyone that cared as much as we do.

I rarely will go up against someone regarding dates or facts about what
guitar was played when or the greatness or lack of of this show or that, although I
enjoy reading about that stuff.  But, I when it comes to the *heart* issues,
I won't be held back.

In the past, I have went about it in a way that hurt or bothered certain
people, Kevin is just one example, and there are probably more that have never
spoken up.  I don't want to piss anyone off.  When I get nasty, I know I can
expect to get it in return.  That is part of what makes us Who freaks.  But, at
the end of the day, I would like to be able to share a drink, in theory, with
each and everyone one of you and toast the Who and the people who are true fans.

<What are some of the differences between male & female Who fans (besides
<the obvious!)?

This what I think:

Woman fans, in general fall into the following categories:

1.   Noticed Roger (or Pete, or John, or Keith), noticed them because of
their
    physical attributes, that lead to listening to the music and discovering
the magic.

2.  Heard the first Who song, from that moment on, became a Who freak.
Wouldn't
     matter if they looked like martians.  But, happy they don't :)  This is
my category.

3.  Artists/musicians/poets who were touch by the Who by their depth and
creativity
     and appreciate them for their musical abilities.

4. The groupie type, who could probably give a shit Who the Who are, as long
as
    they can say they fucked 'em or blew 'em.

The categories for men:

1.  Rock and Roll fans, who realize that the Who are the best, thus became
addicted.

2.  Artists/musicians/poets who were touch by the Who by their depth and
creativity
     and appreciate them for their musical abilities.

3.  The groupie type, who could probably give a shit Who the Who are, as long
as
    they can say they fucked 'em or blew 'em.

Ewww.........kidding.  Just seeing if you were still paying attention.

A sub-category would be the collector, who has a love for the Who, and an
obsession with collecting everything Who.

<Are the female Who fans easier to
<get along with?  Is it mostly the men who start trouble?

I think if this was a "Roger Daltrey" list, the dynamics would be different,
obviously.

 I don't know the exact reason, but I think that female Who fans are easier
to get along with here.

Quick fact: woman are more likely to be nice to each other's face, but be
caddy behind their backs.  Men don't hide their disdain.  They confront each
other more and don't have the need for the politeness like woman do.

<Are the female