Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #346

Hello everyone,

And a belated Happy Thanksgiving to all of you across the pond.

I *love* this "Best of / worst of strand" - but it's a right bugger to make choices from "Who's Next". I mean, when we get round to "It's Hard", that'll be a bit easier. But "Who's Next"... yikes.

So, in spite of votes against:

Best: "Bargain" - doesn't suffer from over-familiarity as far as I'm concerned, great sentiment to the lyric, one of those Who songs which changed dramatically in live performance - and, ummm, I would certainly stand naked, stoned and stabbed for the one I love. And it would be a bloody brilliant bargain.

Worst: Groan. This is like having teeth yanked. Ok - "My Wife". Just. Because it's not part of the "Lifehouse" concept, because it's just a bit heavy-handed and most of all because I've heard it soooo many times, both on disc and live. But I still love it.

Now for something (not) completely different:

If I may, to get the ball rolling, my choice for "Who Album Of The Week (c)"
is.....................
Or, at least the album *I'll* be listening to, and wondering if I'm all
alone or not.............is.......................
Sell Out.
Here's hoping a song or two off that album will cheer someone up.

Sell Out !

Kevin in VT

Great idea Kevin. Like a book club, except it's not books. Nor a club. Um. Well.

So anyway - "Sell Out". Great - one of my very, very favourite albums ever. Was listening to "That Motherland Feeling" as well as Pete's demo of "Rael" itself just the other night. What a great, great burst of creativity this album is. An exponential leap from "Quick One" (IMHO).

I'll get out my mono LP, and the various mixes and re-mixes of the stereo versions this very night.

Regards to all.

Simon (who just keeps giving thanks for his bonny, barmy daughter - and the fact that she loves The Who too).

Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963