A proper WHO system for your car

Well, Pete did it.

He blew out my right speaker during his solo before John's on 5:15.  It
started smoking and then went caput.

 I went to the car stereo shop and got my old system back and now I am back
on the road to permanent hearing loss.  I now have the same set up I used to
have in my previous truck. Only with 1000 watts instead of 250.  I have an
Alpine stereo still though and it is fabulous.  I have never had a problem with
this brand.

Do NOT get a boom box with a 12 inch speaker to listen our band.  Get an 8
inch speaker.  (I have to word this very carefully to prevent Kevin from taking
my words out of context.) ;-)

What I learned from my wife's boy:
Rap goes "Boom". The Who goes "POW".  A 12 inch subwoofer is way too big. It
just picks up bass in songs that go  dooooooooooooon dooooooooooon.  The 8
inch  sub delivers *punch* and that is what Keith Moon and John Entwistle
deliver.  Now I figured out what was wrong with the system in my truck.  (I just
lucked out and hit it right with my last truck.)

  The speaker that blew was a JBL.  That didn't make sense.  It was replaced
with a set of "Directed" brand. I don't know much about it, but  they sound
awesome.  The real cure for my ailing system was the proper sized subwoofer
though.   Hard to believe, but bigger is not always better.

Jon in Mi.