analysis of roger's voice

I have come to a conclusion, right or wrong, about Roger's voice.  I just listened mp3s from 1989 Join Together, Amazing Journey and I'm Free.  His voice sounds extremely worn out, even hoarse.  He didn't, however, have any trouble with hitting the notes accurately (even the high ones).  Raspy, yes, but accurate.

In listening to 2000 and 2002 Roger, his voice tone sounds pretty good (though naturally different from young Roger), with an ability to hit some of the notes with exceptional power compared to 1989.  He clearly has trouble, however, with accuracy in actually hitting the notes.  I hypothesize that though his voice is very strong these days, his hearing loss has caused him to go a bit flat on certain notes.

Any comment?

Mc