The Moon Movie

> > It's just so difficult to capture a person's total character in a
> > 2-hour film.
>
> And there, ladies and gentlemen, may be the final comment on the Keith
> movie.

Sadly, that's probably true.  But there may be a way to avoid some of the
pitfalls.

The Doors movie condensed about 6 years ('65 - '71) into 2 hours which,
as I stated, meant that only the highlights & lowlights of The Doors
career could be shown.  It was too much, too fast.  Hence, there was very
little character depth - or story depth, for that matter.

How could a Keith Moon movie avoid that?  Simple.  Build the movie around
a short period of time - say, a few days or a week.  A week in the life
of Keith Moon.

By concentrating on such a narrow time frame, the filmmakers would be freed
from the need to cram the entire history of The Who into the film.

By focusing on a narrow slice of Moon's life, there would be more room for
character depth & development.

I suppose a few flashbacks wouldn't hurt the story.  But not too many.  I
envision the movie beginning with Keith & the gang at the screening of the
TKAA film, juxtaposing the young boyish Keith with what he had become by
1978.

The film would center around Keith's life at some point in the mid-to-late
'70s - focusing mainly on his desperate battle against alcoholism.  The
film obviously should be a "comedy/drama."  And it shouldn't be too diffi-
cult to work in the comedy elements.  This is Keith Moon we're talking
about!

That way, the filmmakers needn't be constrained with having to fit Moon's
*entire* life into the film.  The audience, however, would still get a sense
of the man.  His humor, his insecurities, his addictions, & his passions.

Now, all we need is a script!  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron

Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and
swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)