RE: Who's Next Deluxe

Wink...

>What?  You mean you're not tempted to hear "Baba O'Riley" for the eight
millionth time?!

Mooohahahaha!  That and Behind Blue Eyes.

>That's because they don't mail their performances in.  They take risks.
>A song may have a botched beginning & then achieve astounding glory.

Good God man, how do you sum it up so well?  A Who sage.  Quite what
that is I don't really know.  A flavor of chicken?

>Many have said what a pleasant surprise that version is. (Time is
Passing)

A wonderful surprise.

>Most of my friends say it sounds like country-fied shit - the same
hypocrites that praise
>the country leanings of bands like the Mekons.  Bastard friends of mine
with their fancy *opinions.*  ;-)

Perhaps you should introduce them to the Mekongs...  Jungle Fest is
coming up soon!

>What mystery?  His guitar crapped out on him.

Do tell.  Did it just die on him or did he kill it?

>One can almost hear Moon's thoughts as Pete initiates yet another
go-around -
>"Shit!  He's still playing it!"

That and during that 'nother go 'round, he forgets to change keys too!
John plays it properly switching to A, but Pete keeps playing in E just
before everyone stops for his little machine gun solo.  You think that
space suit/boiler suit was bothering him?  I always liked the white
boiler suit better anyway.

>Great.  Just when the Doors discussion was really starting to get
going.

Is everybody...IN?

>Densmore's *always* been that way.  He's a complainer & a worrier.

So Kevin Dillon's portrayal was pretty accurate then?  I didn't know
much about Densmore except for my perception of him as stoic.  There's a
part in Ollie Stone's "Doors" where Morrison acts like a drunken monkey
at a gig (no kidding?!?) and the camera switches over to Densmore
(Dillon) who looks like he was about to cry.  I always thought that it
wasn't fair making him look like a whiney baby in that flick, but from
what you say, maybe Dillon should've gotten an Oscar nomination.  It's
been a while since I've read No One Here Gets Out Alive.

What did you think of Stone's "The Doors"?  I thought Kilmer was
excellent, and the concert scenes were spectacular.  Meg Ryan should've
been left at home with Billy Idol, but it was pretty cool anyway.

Jim in Colorado