Re: Sex scandals in the rock world

> Everyone still thinks he's guilty but he weaseled out of it.

I'm mostly seeing indifference yet continued respect when it comes
to the Pete scandal.

I had two people approach me in pubs/bars last weekend to talk Who.
Complete strangers.

One guy noticed my black Chuck Taylor tennis shoes with "WHO" written
on them & started talking to me about how great the movie QUADROPHENIA
was & how he had just watched it *that* day!  Mind you, this is a com-
plete stranger.  His first words to me were, "Are you a Mod....or a
Rocker?"  ;-)  I, of course, said "Mod" & the dude starts chanting, "We
are the Mods, we are the Mods, we are, we are, we are the Mods!"

Another guy, noticing my PSYCHODERELICT tee-shirt, came up to me & began
telling me that he saw around five of the PSYCHODERELICT shows! (Turns
out he & I were both at the Jones Beach show.)  Very pleasant gentleman.

In neither of these conversations was the Pete scandal brought up or
even mentioned.

Local bands in my area still occasionally do Who covers.  National bands
are doing Who covers.  I hear The Who on Classic Rock radio.......

What scandal?

- SCHRADE in Akron

Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great
and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)