-----Mensagem original-----
De: owner-thewho@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-thewho@xxxxxxxx] Em nome de Jim
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 7 de agosto de 2003 15:59
Para: thewho@xxxxxxxx
Assunto: Re: Empty Glass

----- Original Message ----- From: "Schrade, Scott"

> So, out of 10 songs, I see 5 that *definitely* fit the "Who mold."
> The others, however, are more reminiscent of Pete solo songs &, IMO,
> can't be definitively argued as being great lost Who songs.

> In conclusion (!), I see EMPTY GLASS as being about *half* of a great
> "could have been" Who album.  The rest of the tracks fit comfortably
> in the solo Pete realm, IMO.

This is a really cool "what might have been" kind of speculation.  What
if we were to say that Empty Glass wasn't a totally new Who Album, but
the tracks you mention replaced some of the weaker tracks on Face
Dances?  That album could have looked something like this:

Rough Boys
You Better You Bet
The Quiet One
Cache Cache
Gonna Get Ya

Let My Love Open the Door
You
Empty Glass
Jools & Jim
Another Tricky day

Wow, that could have been a great album.  Some sappy songs and some
outright rockers.  A couple of great Entwistle numbers.  I like it.
Probably they would have included at least one of the songs you thought
were a little soft for Roger, though.  And that might not have been a
bad thing.  I mean, if Roger can sing How Many Friends, then why not And
I Moved or I Am An Animal?

Jim M